Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> aRO Episode 1: Way of Light, Story Thread
Ecin
Posted: Nov 2 2003, 09:48 PM
Quote Post

Drops

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

As Story Keeper of the Anti-PIV Guild, I will provide a record as far as my writting can provide for the happening of aRO's story, with help from others who are present in the events. The story has begun...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it came to be that a monster of strength that could move mountains and shake even if most fearless of fighters and mages appeared in the world of Midgard. With him came towering behemoths, bringing forth not only destruction, but dread for the future, as a message of ending. They had appeared in a time when everyone lived worry-free, and saw no reason why to believe otherwise. They were soon proved wrong...

We had obviously been guided here. From two separate guilds, two characters each had arrived at Aldebaran: Garret and Mako, Katola and myself. Not knowing why, but feeling it just had to be done, the four of us set off towards the north.

It wasn't an easy way we found ourselves traveling. The group wasn't balanced too well, with Mako, a thief, being barely half of the rest of the characters' levels. Garret, on the other hand, was heavily overpowered, the rest needing him and his skills as an assassin with a Kaho's Horns for most of the monsters present. While Katola could deal some damage, it was limited to the powers a swordsman can have. And finally Ecin, while had heal to provide with some benefits, was found to be needing rest in order to recover the SP used while healing. All in all, not an easy trip. But it was made.

Having fought our way through, a bridge that was visibly ancient was found. And even though it felt far from right (even the Poring InVasion Force was around here), we kept going through... to see ourselves at great heights over the Rune. Apparently we had been warped to a city far in the air. It was named Yuno.

Upon entrance the group was instantly overwhelmed by a huge force of Porings, Bloodthirsty Porings, Munaks, and a Mysterious Angelring. The group beat them all eventually after many skills used, as well as Yggdrasil Berries and Yggdrasil Leaves. Mako had dissapeared.

Out of instinct, I kept moving upwards. I found a big stone plate, sort of a mini-colloseum. Garret called it a Bey Blade fighting plate. However, a red pillar of light appeared on its center. And it had started growing. I went out of it to investigate the surrounding, only to hear Garret having seen a "ghost" for a second, and instantly returned. Though believing he had just saw an illusion, something else was there... an angel. A Dark Angel to be exact.

We saw the need to train it to a wider area to fight it. Once again Garret was the MVP of the fight, dealing the most damage, while Katola and I only backed him up. The Mysterious Angelring then a reappearance, surprising us all. Garret then dissapeared, just after having defeated the Angelring.

So only us two were left, Katola and I. Only to find another Dark Angel, something we couldn't take upon ourselves to destroy. At this moment appeared another character, as quick as the other two had left. Sara obviously was at a range far stronger than Garret, and so took on the Dark Angel to have it fall in a short time.

And then came Satan, a monster that got me in one hit. Sara revived me only to ask us to leave as soon as possible, which with reluctance we did. Upon being near the entrance, we could see Sara fall unconcious, leaving Satan very weakened but still alive.

The walk back was far more difficult, with only two of the original four, and monsters seemed for vicious. After plenty of hit-and-run tactics, we made it back to Aldebaran. I stopped to rest a bit, while Katola went running to the center of of town, to reach the other exit at the south. It didn't go exactly as he had planned, for Apocalypses, huge monsters with multiple faces, were blocking the way. Having heard the cry, I encountered them, only to see them too strong for any of my attacks. We both made it to the exit, somehow, to see Yuno going higher into the distance.

I had neglected it previously as simply wishing to fend off for ourselves. Yet, we, the four of us, had put our lives at danger in order to protect each other, as somehow I heard. And now, only two of us having presenced this, it's up to us to inform those necessary to prepare. It's up to us to prepare ourselves for whatever is comming...

(Edit: Sara, February 27, 2004 - Changed thread name and desc)
PMEmail Poster
Mako
Posted: Nov 3 2003, 10:05 PM
Quote Post

Group: Angelic Staff
Member No.: 29

Hrf hrf... Wow. Some how i had made it back in one piece. After I had returned from, what seemed to be, an incredible journey I /knew/ i had to write this down, least someone NOT hear of my daring escape from certain doom. wink.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After our long trudge through the wild lands of the north we had arrived at the city in the sky. The ancient city of Yuno. The trip up was a tough one indeed, my being the least experienced of the group, certain death lurked everywhere and without the other, I'm sure i wouldn't have made the trip. Not even for a bushel full of zenny. And boy, I sure wish I had one of those right now.

As we entered deep into the city all I can remember is a rush of Porings... Then black. It must have been some time since I went under, because when i woke up, there was no one around. And seeing as this wasn't one of the friendliest looking places i decided to hightail it out of there. Following our previous footsteps back out the to exit, there didn't seem to be anyone, or anything, about. Though, as i rushed out, I did notice a finely dressed figure... Maybe it was my imagination.

I made my way quickly across the bridge that brought us to that accursed city evading any and all monsters that i came across. Of course, when you're a thief like me, that's not a hard thing. I made my way back, unscathed, to Aldebaran. When I arrived there, i had a bad feeling and instinctively avoided the center of town, making my way towards the entrance we had passed through when arriving. To my surprise, some magical force stopped me from leaving. Try as I might, I couldn't force my way through. But, i thought to myself, there's got to be a way through.

So i made a careful search of the city, looking for a hole in the barrier or something to break through. No luck. I though, perhaps, that I could escape through the water systems. But, it seems who ever had put up this barrier thought of this. I made my way back towards the exit in low spirits. But, now that I look back on it, I'm glad that I didn't find any creatures there. That would have been trouble. All my other options had been tested and failed. So, out of desperation I struck out with a dagger i had received before setting out on the quest.

To my GREAT surprise, the dagger cut into the protective barrier! I quickly used the dagger to cut a hole in the barrier large enough for myself to slip through. The seal closing instantly behind me. Wow, some how I made it out. All thanks to the dagger that I had received from Sara.

As i quickly took off away from that accursed place I looked back over my shoulder and wondered just what had happened while I was out of it and what would happen in the days to come... But, enough of that now. I'm back in Prontera and I'm gonna get me a good meal and a hot bath! Then, I suppose, I should search for the others of whom I had traveled with. Perhaps they can tell me what's going on.

This post has been edited by Mako on Nov 3 2003, 11:34 PM
PMEmail Poster
Mako
Posted: Nov 12 2003, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Group: Angelic Staff
Member No.: 29

Well, it looks like we're at it again, I was finally able to find two of my former companions of whom I shared the experience at Yuno. I met with both of them, along with a new face, a few days after my escape from that wretched place. Personally, I wish we could have waited longer so I could have gotten in a little more R&R. But, oh well.

The new member among us was Genryuu, a monk of the order and apparently the brother of Garret. My Sempai. ^^ The four of us met to plan our next move in finding out what had caused the events at Yuno. From the information that the others had gathered in the mean time, we decided to travel to the foreboding ruins of Glast Heim. A place that was once holy, but is not now, or, something like that.

We arrived at the gates quickly, thanks to Genryuu's warp portal skill, a pretty convenient one at that. Seeing as Heim is a fairly big place, we decided to head towards the central building of the complex. Hoping that it was the abbey that was supposed to be located there. Along the way, the group encountered an Abyss Knight. This was the first time ever laying eyes on one, and I'll say... Yeee. Our first plan consisted of a small diversionary tactic, while Gen and Kat attacked him with hit and run. That didn't work out so well. While the two of them recovered, Ecin had me draw the big guy out while he got in position up on a cliff so that he could snipe him without fear, while one of us ran distraction. Eventually, with the return of Kat and Gen, we took him down.

After our little skirmish we made our way up to the central structure of Glast Heim. And, to our luck, we were right. The first room had ruined pews all over the place, pretty much matching the d
PMEmail Poster
Ecin
Posted: Nov 12 2003, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Drops

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

I am here only to offer better insight on the conversation with the Jailer.

Though not revealed until a while after the conversation started, the Jailer was indeed inhuman. With a deep loathing for humans, she (it?) would have used any excused to destroy us in our jail cell, though she didn't. Which leads us to a plausible explanation for this.

She mentioned the destruction of all sin, providing a way of light for a new world. This would simply start from the erradication of humans, most sinful creatures as they are, and moving outwards to other living things. Such a dream is dogma in this case, with a righteous motif. Killing a couple of humans in a jail cell who would be defenseless would be far from righteous.

All the battle was a prelude to what's to come, as was the PIV Force prior to this. The battle with the archangel, the return of Garret as a demon-infested body... all this is leading up to a bigger battle than right now any of us present during the events care to think of.

The guilds are not united, and players are yet to obtain strength to counter most evils in this world. And we decide what happens next.
PMEmail Poster
Sara-chan
Posted: Feb 27 2004, 04:40 PM
Quote Post

Guildmistress

Group: Angelring Admins
Member No.: 2

Way of Light is long over by now, but I will provide a transcript of sorts of the last chapter of it.
Way Of Light Final Chapter

It's a pity noone has ANY record of Chapter 3.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Notice Board | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

All Ragnarok Online graphics and characters are the property of Gravity.
We do not own them, nor do we claim to.