Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Pikes needed, four slots and single handed!woot!
razormane
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 04:51 AM
Quote Post

Poring

Group: Members
Member No.: 394

Hmm.. being a knight and yearning to use a shield, i guess the only way out is either a nicely carded +>8 pike[4] or a pole axe. The latter seems to be really hard to get.(Yah i cannot kill a gryphon.T.T)

So, my intention is clear.I need pike[4]s!!!(And as many as possible.) Hope that someone can help me out ^^.

Of course, i need cards too. Currently short of 3 hydras and 1 mummy cardo. I would like to acquire them from any willing sellers out there, because fighting for all of them will take ages.

Lastly, i also need shield[1]s, and mantis cards(or mustle clips if you have compounded them.)

Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks:)

PMEmail Poster
Airsmash
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Angelring

Member No.: 89

Having done this quite recently myself, i can give you some advice

Pike 4s, being a Lvl 1 weapon, is EXTREMELY easy to find. The drop rate is approximately 1/300 from Worm Tails (best map - From Alberta, one east then one south)

Its really up to you i guess.. if you find someone, you can drop 50-100k for a 4s pike.. or you can spend a 1-2hrs hunting and probably get a few by yourself

For hydra cards, as a spear knight you already have the best skill for hunting.. brandish the mob outside Atmatsu gates and you will be killing close to 1000/hr

Keep in mind, the Triple Bloody pike is only slightly stronger than the lance. Also, hydra cards will give more atk for higher STR, so if your STR is low (ATK less than 210 with a pike equipped), the Triple Bloody pike will not even equal the lance.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
razormane
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Poring

Thanks Airsmash^^!!

Ok, i will probably look for the pikes myself then, but the hydras... i tried the same location using a hunter instead. Blitzing till i run out of sp, spam grape juices, continue the same way... and yet after 3 hours not a single card. Plain unlucky perhapsT.T.

I am planning getting at least 100 strength, if i cannot get the mustle clips. And possibly trying a 120 if i do get them, so i guess the pikes will be able to do much needed damage. Anyway, having a shield is already a good enough point to sacrifice some damage, since a shield can easily give you 10def and with a thara frog card, will provide a great deal of reduction in damage.

Even if the damage is a bit less than expected i can also go for 2 +10 pikes if i am lucky. one going quad blood and the other probably double blood double ancient for pvp purposes. But that will mean more hydra cards.T.T

Do give comments though as i would like to see any possible pitfalls in my plans or try out any better alternatives.

And again, thanks Airsmash!! ^^
PMEmail Poster
Airsmash
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

Angelring

No problem,

I agree, looking for the card takes a long time, but at the rate you kill them you'll probably have an easier time getting the hydra cards than the thara card. Remember that the drop rate is something like 1/8333... so killing 1000/hour it still might take more than 8 hours. Also, hunters cant kill THOSE hydras as fast as brandish can. Blitz only hits like two at a time.. if you want to use your hunter, i recommend using a few traps, place them where the hydras will respawn

Getting a +10 pike should be fairly easy, but if you dont feel like it then dont.. +10 is only 6 more atk than +7(safe limit for lvl 1 weapons)

At 100 str, your pike (triple bloody) will do more damage than the lance, prob around 20 more.. at 120, its around 55 more than the lance
I do recommend going quad bloody, 20 extra hit will RARELY make the difference if youre planning to use this spear for PvPing assassins. It is also easier for you to get a Starcrumbed weapon than it is to get those mummy cards.

I havent mentioned it yet, but if you are planning to BUY hydra cards and mummy cards, then you need to be willing to pay large sums of money or have something very nice to trade.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
razormane
Posted: Oct 28 2004, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Poring

4 hydras so it will be about 32 hours? LOL!! Hmm.. i think i will just step up the thara frog hunting and shield acquisition, then go for the pikes. After this, i will see how things go. If i can find the cards jolly well, if no, then i will go for them..(32 hours of hydra hunting is not funny). Or maybe i will go for raydric card, and stick to a 2 hand spear for the time being. When all is done and i only have lvls and exp to work for i will definitely go for the hydra cards. Or should i go for mantis?

I am confused...T.T

i am very confused...T.T

Help? ^^

how about getting pole axe[1]? i am really really muddled now.. haha

PMEmail Poster
Airsmash
Posted: Oct 28 2004, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

Angelring

You should go for ALL of them.. the order is really up to you.. but the drop rates on all the cards you are looking for are essentially the same (1/8333)
That being said, the limiting factor in most cases is how many monsters you can find (except maybe raydrics, which are annoying to fight).. so in general, it does take a long time to find the cards you need

I know it sounds impossible, but keep trying, youll get them eventually..

Note, only the lvl 4 One-handed spears have a somewhat decent attack, the pike without cards (or with the wrong cards) only has an attack of 60.. yes, this means you have to stick with a Two-handed spear until you find something better

I dont actually have any expiernce hunting the Pole Axe, im not sure what your lvl is, but I would suggest waiting on it.. Yes, you do want to obtain it eventually though.. it is probably the most important One-handed spear to get

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Dremarian
Posted: Oct 28 2004, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Drops

Member No.: 116

The pole axe is dropped by Griffon, and Turtle general, with a drop rate similar to the Masamune (1:10000) all I can say there is good luck - You'll need it.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
razormane
Posted: Oct 29 2004, 03:34 AM
Quote Post

Poring

Thanks Airsmash

Thanks Dremarian

So it is settled. It is item hunting time!!! The desire to be the best runs in my blood, and it is time to put the oxyhaemoglobin in them to real use. Run peco run!! Pierce Vallion pierce!!
PMEmail Poster
Airsmash
Posted: Oct 30 2004, 12:18 AM
Quote Post

Angelring

Go go Peco Power!! laugh.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Marketplace | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

All Ragnarok Online graphics and characters are the property of Gravity.
We do not own them, nor do we claim to.