IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/angelicwing/leafcat.net/forums-older/init.php:366) (Line: 440 of /sources/classes/class_display.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/angelicwing/leafcat.net/forums-older/init.php:366) (Line: 441 of /sources/classes/class_display.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/angelicwing/leafcat.net/forums-older/init.php:366) (Line: 442 of /sources/classes/class_display.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/angelicwing/leafcat.net/forums-older/init.php:366) (Line: 446 of /sources/classes/class_display.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/angelicwing/leafcat.net/forums-older/init.php:366) (Line: 448 of /sources/classes/class_display.php)
IPB WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/angelicwing/leafcat.net/forums-older/init.php:366) (Line: 449 of /sources/classes/class_display.php)
Amount of Castles for War - Wing Forums (Archive)
Wing Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amount of Castles for War, Less please
Number of Castles for War
How many castles do you want for Wednesday's War?
Stay the same (3) [ 1 ] ** [6.25%]
One less (2) [ 5 ] ** [31.25%]
Only 1 [ 10 ] ** [62.50%]
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
aznboyandy
post May 8 2008, 12:24 AM
Post #1

Just look out there and see what you can find~

Group: Members
Member No.: 88

Could we maybe reduce the amount of castles on Wednesday wars to 2 or 1 if possible? Having 3 castles with our current populus doesn't seem like a good idea. 2 might be acceptable if we have more active guilds but 1 might be better.

--------------------

aznboyandy - Alchemist 9x/50 I make illegal drugs and The Flanthing Totally level 7x
aznboyAndy - High Wizard 8x 4x Retired... for now
AznboyAndy - Sage 7x 4x Endow Slave
AznBoyAndy - Soul Linker 90 50 Links R' Us
AznboYandy - High Priest 9x 6x Full Support! Finally!
AzNboyAndY - Baby Hunter 9x 50 Busy having 3k hp
QUOTE(Whisket @ Apr 29 2008, 4:40 PM)
I just Del Taco

QUOTE(Lani @ May 26 2008, 1:25 AM)
I'm a dude
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maiko
post May 8 2008, 12:51 AM
Post #2

< Custom >

Group: GM Team
Member No.: 739

I voted for 1.

Pros of one: The current 1-active-guild-at-a-time or super-alliance in aRO doesn't get obscene amounts of loot

Cons: Whining about how it's unfair this guild(s) are too powerful and now other people will not war.

Pros for two: Theoretically said whiners can take this castle.

Cons: Super-alliance/actually active guild will own both castles.

--------------------
Amariste: You're... strange.

Maiko, 98/70, 'Slinger The best poring

+Quote Post
superkittens
post May 8 2008, 01:22 AM
Post #3

Simon Says

Member No.: 1,854

we lost to kaz and andy today, we have 3, but kaz has the only one we really wanted, we fought in the last 2 mins really hard, damn you kazooooo!

--------------------

Madoimaru : I'm sad that I never knew that you were a dude until you put that chat up.
Kitti : Oh?
Madoimaru : Seriously, I'm usually rather good at telling genders.
Kitti : I see
Kitti : Well I'd been role plating a chick for like 3 years when I met you
-Kazuki- : I bet you can't guess what my gender is
Madoimaru : Um.... It's...?
Whisket : God!
Madoimaru : a rock.
Kitti : Kazu everyone knows your a hermaphrodite
Rand al'Thor : totally
-Kazuki- : ;3;
Whisket : wat
Madoimaru : A hermaphroditic rock god.
Kitti : Yes!

+Quote Post
Maiko
post May 8 2008, 07:05 AM
Post #4

< Custom >

Having 4 castles when we have 1 (maybe 2 on a good day) active guilds is beyond stupid.

We need 1, maybe 2.

Possibilities where I see 2 castles working: (i) If Guild A owns castle 1 then guild A can't fight for/against castle 2. (ii) Castles 1 and 2 are both fought for at the same time (well, the EW1 castle in the 2nd hour of the EW:SE war). Guild A can participate in both castles.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denasaku
post May 15 2008, 03:24 AM
Post #5

Drops

Member No.: 2,358

QUOTE(Maiko @ May 7 2008, 08:51 PM) *
I voted for 1.

Pros of one: The current 1-active-guild-at-a-time or super-alliance in aRO doesn't get obscene amounts of loot

Cons: Whining about how it's unfair this guild(s) are too powerful and now other people will not war.

Pros for two: Theoretically said whiners can take this castle.

Cons: Super-alliance/actually active guild will own both castles.

Sounds like you're talking about Otter Gear.
How silly it would be if we came back hm...?
Rest assured though, for the first week you guys would have a chance to prepare.
We'd be all rusty and not used to the controls.
After that we would basically own all three castles, even if there are only two.
:3

--------------------
HIGH DEX WALRUS TO THE RESCUE

+Quote Post
Denasaku
post May 15 2008, 03:28 AM
Post #6

Drops

My serious answer, however, is that two castles would most likely be best.
I assume we're talking about on the same night.
Anyway, if super guild A owns castle 1, chances are they won't be able to effectively take and/or defend castle 2, which will allow the weaker guilds and groups a chance at owning a castle and having fun in war.

--------------------

+Quote Post
aznboyandy
post May 15 2008, 04:14 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(Denasaku @ May 14 2008, 10:28 PM) *
Anyway, if super guild A owns castle 1, chances are they won't be able to effectively take and/or defend castle 2, which will allow the weaker guilds and groups a chance at owning a castle and having fun in war.

Sounds like today but we somehow ninja-ed all three castles.

--------------------

aznboyandy - Alchemist 9x/50 I make illegal drugs and The Flanthing Totally level 7x
I just Del Taco

I'm a dude

+Quote Post
Maiko
post May 15 2008, 05:53 AM
Post #8

< Custom >

QUOTE(Denasaku @ May 15 2008, 01:54 PM) *
Sounds like you're talking about Otter Gear.
How silly it would be if we came back hm...?

Any guilds in the past year work for what I talked about. Potion Test Subjects, Vision of Faith, The Sactum, Angelring Guard, Alter Lucis, Otter-Gear, Tyrants.

2 on one night could work well, but as with all suggestions, there are cons. Namely that "not everyone can get online on ____day". But that aside, I still think EW + EWSE on the same night (and finish at the same time) would work best.

--------------------

+Quote Post
aznboyandy
post May 15 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(Maiko @ May 15 2008, 12:53 AM) *
2 on one night could work well, but as with all suggestions, there are cons. Namely that "not everyone can get online on ____day". But that aside, I still think EW + EWSE on the same night (and finish at the same time) would work best.

Actually, I think Wedneswar is about to get more epic/hectic/populated considering summer(lol for aussies and everyone else in the south winter) is about to come up meaning most of the people that have school, won't have school anymore(Unless you take summer school) and probably will be able to be on for war now. So I don't think population will be a problem, and we did have a staggering... 10 people? for war today which I find surprising from the usual 5(?) that I usually see on Wednesday anyways(Although, it could be that I actually asked people to help).

The only problem that I see facing us now is the "super-alliance". This has happened in the past and always resulted in usually the "neutral" part of the "super-alliance" breaking off to help the "active guild that always wins in war." Even though I don't see this happening anytime soon considering we only had 2.5(Anciel is that silly .5) guilds actually fighting the Tyrants. Sure it is an alliance, but do we really stand a chance any other way? The server is silly with war because there's always that one guild and the other(3~4) guilds with 1~3 active people(1~2 if you include war, like 1 on wednesday war).

There was the idea of "merging the smaller guilds" but some conflict arised there with exp, storage, and some other things I can't remember. Anyways, it's almost 3 AM and what I'm probably trying to say is, that War is pointless if all the smaller guilds attack seperately, so we basicly have to ally to win. War will be more populated due to school being out, and super-alliances will live forevar as long as we have small guilds that will not merge.

--------------------

I just Del Taco

I'm a dude

+Quote Post
Zigniber
post May 15 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #10

Marin

Member No.: 673

Really, it dosen't always take mergers or even allying. Sometimes cooperation is enough.

I'm not sure about having multiple castles at the same time, since that usually leaves the strongest guild sitting around for most of war, while everyone else hits the easier target. Having seperate castles on seperate days dosen't really have this problem so much, but often leads to complicated, confusing rules about who can go after castles during which war. I understand the reason for such rules, but they're more of a pain to deal with than anything.

Speaking of which, are there any such rules currently in play?

+Quote Post
aznboyandy
post May 15 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Zigniber @ May 15 2008, 08:17 AM) *
Speaking of which, are there any such rules currently in play?

I know the one that has been ruled long ago was "No Warp Casting!" or something along those lines. I don't really know any other rules than that and that rule basicly makes mages less limited. Thank god for Wrath not SGing the warp portals. -.-;

--------------------

I just Del Taco

I'm a dude

+Quote Post
Mamori
post May 15 2008, 10:30 PM
Post #12

Marin

Member No.: 760

How about a castle for first classes only? Novices, Swordsmen, Archers, Mages, Acolytes, Merchants, and Thieves.

It may be possible to check a character's class as it enters the first portal into the castle right? Something like the CTL3 portal but for classes would be pretty nice. I think it'd be fun~ biggrin.gif

--------------------
Free Xenu and Willy. Unjust bans need to be stopped.
~Kazuki~ - Lvl 93/50 - Bard
Saishi - Lvl 96/50 - Battle Priest
-Kazuki- - Lvl 91/58 - Whitesmith

+Quote Post
Denasaku
post May 15 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #13

Drops

QUOTE(Mamori @ May 15 2008, 06:30 PM) *
How about a castle for first classes only? Novices, Swordsmen, Archers, Mages, Acolytes, Merchants, and Thieves.

It may be possible to check a character's class as it enters the first portal into the castle right? Something like the CTL3 portal but for classes would be pretty nice. I think it'd be fun~ biggrin.gif

Epic idea.

--------------------

+Quote Post
aznboyandy
post May 15 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(Mamori @ May 15 2008, 05:30 PM) *

Perma classes everywhere, also that wouldn't be fair for super novices if they were allowed. :X

--------------------

I just Del Taco

I'm a dude

+Quote Post
Mamori
post May 15 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #15

Marin

QUOTE(aznboyandy @ May 15 2008, 06:54 PM) *
Perma classes everywhere, also that wouldn't be fair for super novices if they were allowed. :X

I did not list Adventurers. Perma novices are fun though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
superkittens
post May 15 2008, 11:45 PM
Post #16

Simon Says

Member No.: 1,854

QUOTE(Mamori @ May 15 2008, 03:58 PM) *
I did not list Adventurers. Perma novices are fun though.

gunslinger, ninja? TK?

(i like the idea)

--------------------

Madoimaru : I'm sad that I never knew that you were a dude until you put that chat up.
Kitti : Oh?
Madoimaru : Seriously, I'm usually rather good at telling genders.
Kitti : I see
Kitti : Well I'd been role plating a chick for like 3 years when I met you
-Kazuki- : I bet you can't guess what my gender is
Madoimaru : Um.... It's...?
Whisket : God!
Madoimaru : a rock.
Kitti : Kazu everyone knows your a hermaphrodite
Rand al'Thor : totally
-Kazuki- : ;3;
Whisket : wat
Madoimaru : A hermaphroditic rock god.
Kitti : Yes!

+Quote Post
shadow_ghost_07
post May 15 2008, 11:53 PM
Post #17

Drops

Member No.: 1,992

1 castle is the best for wednesday.

I dotn think makign castles for 1st job would be good anyways. The poitn is to lvl up so ne wplayers might not try to go 2nd job etc. On the other hand, players that have been here can make a new guild of 1st jobs with uber gear,stil disatvantage to new players, nto mentioning that they wont know much people.

I would consider a 2nd castle if a big amoutn of people came in(ne wplayers or old players coming). That if wednesday wars were Big enough to say have 2 guilds fighting for 2 different castles, 4 guild sin other words. Otherwise it would be easy for 1 to control both castles, since its a matter of luck if your allies log in for war or not.

I think people should encourage new players to make new guilds,their own. This doesnt mean you cant help them. It isnt good to try get all the new players join your guild by offering them help or gears, or just wanting to make your guild bigger, thsi would get more complaisn about "super alliance". Maybe try help them, give them a lead an dencourage them to make a new guild. That way war will be more challenging.

So for now it would be wise to stick for 1 castle and maybe rotate the place for a month like, 1st month geffen, 2nd month payon, 3rd alde, 4th rislim...etc So that everyone can enjoy different dungeons and different chances for chest.

--------------------

Heroes get remembered, but Legends never die !

+Quote Post
Mamori
post May 16 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #18

Marin

QUOTE(superkittens @ May 15 2008, 07:45 PM) *
gunslinger, ninja? TK?

(i like the idea)

No. Just the original classes.

The castle I described isn't for new players. It's just a different way to war that emphasizes strategy, rather than who has the most trans classes with their powerful skills, while still maintaining the idea that the more work you put into leveling, the more you get out of it and that even if you aren't as high a level (within reason), a superior strategy can lead you to victory. It sounds like fun. Anyone remember giant Baphomet and GTB? :<

I can't stand it when people start saying that "so and so" won't work because new players will be at a disadvantage to older players, who have equipment and higher levels. TOO BAD. If they want to compete they'll have to catch up.

Who cares about "super alliances."

--------------------

+Quote Post
shadow_ghost_07
post May 16 2008, 02:45 AM
Post #19

Drops

Member No.: 1,992

Well, I understand your idea but I dont think adding something new will help when theres stil problems with current wars as of castles,etc...

--------------------

Heroes get remembered, but Legends never die !

+Quote Post
LaniReaper
post May 19 2008, 05:02 AM
Post #20

Mastering

Member No.: 814

I support 1st-job-only castles wholeheartedly. :3 It'd be hilarious, and amazing, and awesome.

As far as regular castles go, I voted for two. One castle can turn into a bit of an irritation, but two would be okay.

This post has been edited by LaniReaper: May 19 2008, 05:02 AM

--------------------
Lani 91/58 Lord Knight | Larke 80/46 Professor

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2019 - 12:58 PM